For Lotus Bakeries, it goes without saying that your personal information is treated confidentially, taking into account all relevant provisions of the applicable privacy legislation, such as but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation "GDPR".
This policy applies to the processing of your personal data in the framework of different applications (websites, sales, etc.) provided or operated by us or in our behalf.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The legal entity which is responsible for the processing of your personal data and who will act as data controller is:
Lotus Bakeries NV, Gentstraat 1, 9971 Lembeke, Belgium, company number: 0401.030.860 (hereinafter "Lotus Bakeries")
3. How and on which legal grounds will we process your personal data?
Depending on your specific situation, you can find below an overview of the personal data which will be processed, the legal ground(s) and purpose(s) of the processing, if they will be transferred, and the applicable retention periods:
- Contact form
You can email us with any questions, comments or complaints. Your name and address is collected, stored and processed. Your data will be processed exclusively for processing your message. Your data will be stored for as long as needed to treat your message, and will be deleted within 1 month after. In exceptional circumstances, and only for complaints, the data may be archived for 5 years. Your data may be disclosed to another affiliate or subsidiary of Lotus Bakeries for the purpose of further investigation of your concern or complaint. You can find our affiliates on the website. For transfer to our affiliates outside the EEA we provide appropriate safeguards. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to improve our services.
- Media alert
You can subscribe to receive all official press releases of Lotus Bakeries in your mailbox. Provided you have given us free, explicit and informed consent to do so, we collect, store and process your email address. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org in which case we will delete your personal data within 2 weeks.
On our website we publish the different job opportunities within the Lotus Bakeries Group.
If you are linked to a job application form, the following data is collected, stored and processed:
- First and last name;
- Phone Number (not a mandatory field);
- Email address;
- Education (not a mandatory field);
- Previous/current employment (not a mandatory field);
- CV + motivation letter (not a mandatory field);
- Date of birth (not a mandatory field);
- Fulltime or part-time job (not a mandatory field);
- Do you know anyone working at Lotus Bakeries - who? (not a mandatory field);
- How did you hear about the vacancy? (not a mandatory field);
For the processing of this information we rely on the services of SuccesFactors, an application owned and controlled by SAP.
If you reply by email based on an opportunity published on our website or via LinkedIn, we will process the personal data you forward to us.
In both cases the requested personal information is used for the purposes of our recruitment process only. Your data will be deleted after closure of the relevant recruitment process or with your consent stored in our recruitment database for 3 years. In case your application results in a job with Lotus Bakeries, your information will be stored as further specified in your employment contract. Your data can be transferred to an assessment centre or other third party when this is relevant. In that case Lotus Bakeries will provide appropriate safeguards. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to recruit people.
- Commercial relationship management
Within the framework of our commercial activities, and more specifically related to the management of our (potential and actual) clients and (potential and actual) suppliers, it is possible that we receive or collect personal data.
The processing of data is exclusively for managing our business relationships and is therefore based on our legitimate interest. We will always take your privacy rights into account. Your data will be stored for 10 years after the end of our business relationship and will be subject to continuous monitoring.
Your data may be disclosed to another affiliate or subsidiary of Lotus Bakeries when this is useful in our B2B relationship. You can find our affiliates on the website. For transfer to our affiliates outside the EEA we provide appropriate safeguards.
4. Protection of your personal data
We have a set of technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorised access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures have been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and are in accordance with current industry standards and practices.
Your personal data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organisational data security measures.
Update your cookie preferences.
Relating to your personal data you have the following rights:
- You can always request information about your personal data collected, stored and processed by Lotus Bakeries. To receive this kind of information you need to prove your identity (for example by sending us a copy of your ID).
- If your personal data stored by Lotus Bakeries is incorrect, you can of course apply for a correction.
- You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (for example, while the accuracy of your personal data is being checked).
- You may require us to erase any data concerning you (except in some cases, for example when we have to save your data to prove a transaction or when required by law).
- In case the processing is based on your consent, you may revoke your consent to the storage and processing of your personal data.
- If you do not agree with the way Lotus Bakeries is processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority (https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/).
7. Who to contact if you have any questions or requests
For any questions, requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or to exercise your rights, as described in this Policy, you may contact us at:
8. Changes to our Policy
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Policy was last updated in January 2020.