Care for Today, Respect for Tomorrow
Our sustainability ambition
Lotus Bakeries wants to grow by offering a varied range of branded snacks for all times of the day. This growth must be profitable and sustainable, while maximising chances for future generations. That is our vision.
Read the letter from our CEO, Jan Boone,
to find out more about our sustainability ambition.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGY
Lotus Bakeries’ sustainability strategy is based on three pillars:
- Our environment
- Our employees
- Our community1.
Within each pillar, specific targets and priorities are set to help realise our sustainability objectives. Consult our policies and reports on key sustainability topics to learn more about how we create sustainable and profitable growth.
1 Previously, within Lotus Bakeries, a distinction was made between ‘people’ on the one hand and ‘society’ on the other, but in view of the significant overlap between our objectives and priorities for both, we decided to combine these two pillars in 2020.
We are committed to the environment and to help fight global warming.
In everything we do, we aim to reduce our ecological footprint:
- We commit to only use recyclable packaging for all of our brands by 2025.
- We already produce in a CO2-neutral way in our 12 factories.
- We involve our employees in our drive to cut emissions.
Our recruitment policy is designed to attract a diversified and talented group of people who, just like us, have the TOP values at heart.
We are committed to long-term employment and offer our employees a pleasant, challenging, inspiring and safe working environment.
We also make sure that our employees feel good and flourish at Lotus Bakeries. How? Via training, development and constant challenge. This way, the acquired know-how stays in the company sustainably.
We stand up to our social responsibility!
- Code of Conduct & Supplier Code of Conduct: we guarantee ethical business practices across the whole organisation.
- Foundation for Education: we help build a future for generations to come through carefully selected educational and learning projects.