Lotus Bakeries operates in the field of authentic specialties in the biscuits, gingerbread, waffles and cake specialties markets. Lotus Bakeries wants to continuously strengthen its leadership in each of its specialty areas and is working to stimulate both its more traditional markets as well as to internationalize these products. The strong positions of the Lotus, Peijnenburg and Annas brands confirm this leadership.
The three brands each stand for their own specific products:
Lotus is the brand for caramelized biscuits (speculoos), caramelized biscuit spread and caramelized biscuit ice cream, cake specialties, waffles & galettes and gingerbread in the various worldwide markets.
Peijnenburg is the brand in the Netherlands for gingerbread and other specialties.
Annas is the brand for pepparkakor specialties. A strong brand, particularly in Scandinavia and
This leadership is continuously reinforced by applying a number of consistently implemented strategic choices:
- Lotus Bakeries specialties have major growth potential. With a strong focus on the best performing products, these products can continue to grow strongly in both traditional markets and in new growth markets.
- Giving priority to clear and consistent communication with the consumer and freeing up adequate resources for this.
- Focused product innovations, aimed partly at format innovation, and partly at introducing products for new consumption moments.
- A clear focus on continuously improving our manufacturing efficiency. This is in order to continue to produce the best quality products at the most competitive cost.
- Sustainability is crucial for Lotus Bakeries. The major theme of Corporate Social Responsibility is implemented in the organization as ‘Care for today - Respect for tomorrow’. The implementation and continuous improvement of this is directed primarily at four general areas (1) people, (2) environment, (3) society and (4) employees.
Company Strategy NL.pdf (67.13 KB)